There are days when I feel adventurous and energetic in the kitchen that I end up with experimental dishes. I cook with no recipes on-hand and step-by-steps to follow. I just think of what the output of the dish should be and get on with it.
Yesterday was one of those days. I cooked Creamy Pasta with Ham and Broccoli. What actually brought me into cooking this dish is the fact that I have to consume the broccoli already before it goes bad or rotten in our vegetable compartment. Broccoli has a short shelf life and I don’t want to be wasting money since it is expensive here in the city! 🙁
Cream based pasta are actually easy to make. And I love creamy dishes that’s why I love how this experimental dish end up. I was tensed while cooking it. Good thing it went well.
How to cook Creamy Pasta with Ham and Broccoli
What you need:
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with salt and a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat another pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Cook the chopped onion for a minute then put in the ham. Let it cook for 5 minutes (or if you prefer it a bit toasted, you may do so) over medium heat.
- Pour a can of Jolly Cream of Mushroom and let it simmer for 10 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Put the chopped broccoli florets into the sauce and cover for a minute or 2, then add in chopped basil leaves and chili flakes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Toss in the cooked Pasta on the creamy sauce. Serve while hot.
Simple and easy, right?
I overestimated the amount of serving and it is way too much for me and my husband, so I shared it also to my in-laws. This recipe serves 3-5 pax already. Happy cooking and eating! 🙂
Live. Laugh. Love. Write. Pray.